Investors And Treaty Traders E-1/E-2

Nationals of many countries are eligible to obtain treaty trader or treaty investor visas. Click here for a list of participating countries. A treaty trader may be eligible for an E-1 treaty trader if at least 51% of the company’s trade occurs between the treaty country and the U.S.

An E-2 treaty investor visa requires a substantial investment in a U.S. business. The investment funds must be under the sole control of the treaty investor. There is no fixed amount required for an investment. Instead, the investment amount must be deemed substantial in relationship to the nature of the business.

E visas may also be issued to managers, executives and essential employees of the same nationality who work for the U.S. branch office.

Prior approval from USCIS is not required. Instead, a treaty trader or investor is permitted to make their application directly to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in their home country. The visas may be granted for an initial period of up to five years. For individuals who apply in the U.S., the USCIS will grant a treaty investor/trader status for up to two years. A treaty investor or trader can extend their status indefinitely.

Spouses of E visa holders are allowed to request work authorization.

Providing immigration solutions since 1982. Contact the attorneys at David Ware at 504-830-5900 or email us today. We are located in Metairie, and serve greater New Orleans and all of Louisiana.