E-3 For Australian Professionals

The E-3 visa is a special classification for Australian professionals coming to the United States to perform services in a specialty occupation, i.e., an occupation that requires a Bachelor’s degree as a minimum for entry into that occupation. An employee must sponsor an individual for the E-3. This designation is similar to the H-1B classification and those regulations are used to determine what constitutes a “specialty occupation.” An E-3 visa is issued in two-year increments and may be renewed indefinitely. The E-3 is limited to 10,500 visas per year. Spouses and minor children may accompany the E-3. In addition, spouses of E-3 visa holders can apply for work authorization. An E-3 applicant may apply for a visa directly at the U.S. Consulate or file for a change of status in the U.S. Serving employment immigration needs from our offices in southern Louisiana. Contact Ware | Immigration at 504-830-5900 or by emailing us.