Family-Based Immigration

At Ware | Immigration, one of the most important things we do is unite families through immigration. Our attorneys are experienced in all aspects of family immigration law and will assist you to determine the best option available to your family. Although each case is unique, we strive to achieve a timely and successful resolution for all of our clients. We are proud of our success representing family members before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the immigration court, and consular posts across the globe. If you are a U.S. citizen, you may file an immigrant petition for a parent, spouse, sibling, adult child (married or unmarried) and minor child. As a U.S. citizen, you may also petition for a fiancé who is residing overseas. If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you may petition for certain family members, though you will qualify to petition for fewer categories of family members. As a lawful permanent resident, the family members you may petition for are limited to your spouse, adult unmarried child, and minor child.

Adoptive and “step” relationships are also recognized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, though with certain restrictions. We assist individuals to file petitions for family members that fall in these categories as well. Additionally, the widows/widowers of U.S. citizens are now eligible to more easily obtain permanent residence status, regardless of the length of time they were married to the U.S. citizen prior to the citizen’s death.

Ware | Immigration connects families through immigration. To speak to an attorney, call 504-830-5900 or email us.