Immigration For Individuals Of Extraordinary Ability
At Ware | Immigration, we represent clients seeking to obtain EB-1 visas for individuals of extraordinary ability. Although this is a great option for those who are able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, sports and other fields, the standard is high and the process can be complex. It is important to work with an experienced team of lawyers who know the law and the process and who are committed to helping you obtain the results you need.
With more than 50 years of immigration experience and offices in New Orleans, Louisiana; Florida and Washington, we have become a preeminent immigration firm in the United States, helping clients from all over the world achieve their immigration goals.
Extraordinary Ability Immigrant Visa
Although there is a high standard to qualify for this category, for those who do qualify as individuals of extraordinary ability, immigration procedures can be somewhat simplified. The Extraordinary Ability Immigrant visa category refers to an employment-based category that is reserved for “priority workers,” providing them first preference in the green card acquisition process. The EB-1 category (including the Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researcher, and Multinational Manager or Executive categories) allows applicants to bypass the labor certification process that requires demonstrating that there are no qualified US workers for the position.
To have your Extraordinary Ability application approved, you must show evidence of a once in a lifetime award of great significance, like a Pulitzer Prize, Olympic medal or similar achievement; or show evidence of at least three of the following:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Membership in associations in the field, which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Being asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Work that has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Commanding a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Commercial successes in the performing arts
If you qualify as an individual of extraordinary ability, an outstanding professor or researcher, or a multinational manager or executive, you will be eligible to receive an EB-1 visa, which is an employment-based first-preference visa.
Even if you do not qualify for an EB-1 visa, several options may still be available to you. We can discuss an EB-2 visa based upon a national interest waiver and other potential options. With more than 50 years of immigration law experience, we can help you determine whether there is an available immigration option for you.
Contact Ware | Immigration
Providing immigration solutions, Ware | Immigration is located in Metairie, serving greater New Orleans and all of Louisiana, with office in Washington. Please call to schedule your consultation at 504-830-5900 or contact us online.