Call Us 866-833-8308

Due to Hurricane Ida, Ware|Immigration’s physical Metairie, Louisiana office is temporarily closed.  Our Louisiana attorneys and professional staff remain safe and will soon be fully operational. With the support of our offices in Colorado and Washington State, we continue to assist our clients without interruption.  If you have any questions, kindly email the attorney and/or legal assistant managing your matter.  If you can’t reach either of those persons, you may email Yvette Henry, our Human Resources Manager, at [email protected], and she will ensure that your inquiry receives a prompt response.  Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.  Please stay safe.

Religious Workers – R-1


A religious worker may be sponsored by a bona fide nonprofit religious organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. A religious worker may come to work as a minister, in a professional capacity, in a religious vocation or religious occupation. Prior approval by USCIS is now required for all applicants. In addition, the religious organization will likely receive a site inspection from a USCIS officer. This status allows qualified religious workers to enter the U. S. for an initial period of admission of three years. The maximum period for an R-1 religious worker is five years.

Spouses and minor children may also accompany the religious worker in R-2 status but are not authorized for employment.

Contact the law firm of Ware|Immigration for assistance with your immigration solution.  Call 866-833-8308 today.

Click here to ask an attorney
I-485 Employment Based Document List
Follow us on Facebook
Follow Us On LinkedIn