Erin Colleen Hebert
Erin Hebert is a Senior Associate at Ware Immigration and leads the firm's Family Immigration Team, Humanitarian Team, and Consular Processing Team. She joined the firm in 2016, and has practiced immigration law exclusively since 2014.
She loves being an immigration lawyer because the field is so complex and ever-evolving, and her work can have such a positive impact on her clients' lives. She is a passionate litigator, skilled legal writer, tireless advocate for her clients, and mentor to junior attorneys, law clerks, and paralegals.
Prior to joining the firm in 2016, she worked at a removal defense immigration law firm, clerked for a Superior Court Judge in King County, Washington, externed at the Federal Public Defender's Office in Seattle, and interned at the VAWA Unit of the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project. Her experience has fostered her interests in immigration litigation for individuals facing removal, representing individuals with criminal histories applying for immigration benefits, assisting survivors in victim-centered applications such as VAWA relief and U/T Visas, and winning waivers of inadmissibility for unlawful presence, criminal convictions, fraud/misrepresentation, and removal orders. She is fluent in Spanish, having lived in both Central and South America.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: International Studies & Political Science
- Major: Latin American Studies
- Washington, 2014
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2020
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- National Immigration Project, Member, 2015 to Present
- Pro Bono Honors Service & Leadership Awards – UW School of Law, 2014
Pro-Bono Activities & Community Involvement
- First Grace Community Alliance Board of Directors, 2020 to Present; Chair of Board of Directors, 2023
- Immigrant Families Advocacy Project – Case Manager, Co-President, Advisory Board Member, 2012 to 2016
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project – Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney, 2014 to 2016