Nonimmigrant Employment Visa Attorney

For corporations, nonprofit entities and other organizations, it is occasionally essential to bring an individual worker or a team of workers to the U.S. from overseas temporarily, and there are also a large number of organizations seeking to expand their operations to American soil.

At Ware | Immigration, we work with all types of American and international organizations to find appropriate immigration solutions for their various needs. With offices in New Orleans, Louisiana, Florida, Seattle, Washington and Centennial, we have expanded over our more than 50 years of history has advanced us to being the premier law firm focusing solely on immigration law matters.

Temporary Employment Visa

There are various options for organizations to bring employees, volunteers and experts to the United States, depending on the nature of the work or the expertise of the applicant. Our lawyers can help you find the appropriate immigration solution from a range of options that include:

  • H-1B visas for professionals working in a specialty occupation: An applicant who possesses a bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent degree) with a job offer in a field relevant to the degree may be eligible to obtain an H-1B visa. See our H1-B visa FAQ to learn more.
  • Individuals of extraordinary ability O-1: Individuals of extraordinary ability and outstanding professors and researchers will need to show extensive evidence of expertise in their respective fields and fulfill other requirements for O-1 temporary visas.
  • TN – USMCA (NAFTA) treaty visas for citizens of Mexico and Canada: Obtaining a temporary work visa is often simpler for some Mexican and Canadian professionals. If you are seeking to bring a Mexican or a Canadian professional to work with your organization, you will need to make a job offer and seek a TN visa.
  • Religious workers R-1: Many types of religious workers, their spouses and their children can take advantage of R-1 visa opportunities. Both the religious worker as well as the religious organization hiring the religious worker are required to provide documentation of credentials and legitimate religious affiliations.
  • Investors and treaty traders E-1/E-2: Visas are available for treaty traders (E-1) and treaty investors (E-2) who meet the stringent criteria involved for successful applicants.
  • B-1 Visitor for business/B-2 visitor for pleasure: B-1 and B-2 visas work differently than many other visas. Applicants apply directly to the U.S. Consulate in their jurisdiction and the length of stay is determined not by the visa itself but by period of admission granted upon entry. B-1/B-2 visa holders are not authorized to work in the U.S.
  • L-1: The L-1 visa is a visa option for intercompany transfers between a non-U.S. company and its parent, child or sister company within the United States or a U.S. parent company and its foreign offices. L-1 visas are often used by companies to expand operations into the United States by sending experienced managers and other executives to oversee the expansion.
  • E-3 for Australian professionals: E-3 visas are available to Australian professionals in specialty occupations that require at least a bachelor’s degree and theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in their fields. E-3 visas also require legitimate offers of employment to fill positions that qualify as specialty occupations, as well as possession of adequate credentials.

Contact Ware | Immigration

To schedule a consultation with an attorney from Ware | Immigration, call 866-833-8308 or contact us online. We providing immigration solutions for our clients throughout the panhandle of Florida, the Gulf South and beyond.