Ware Immigration

Call Us 866-833-8308

December 2015 Archives

Can you self-petition for an employment-based green card?

When a person desires a U.S. green card, their options for seeking one vary based on their situation. Some individuals are able to self-petition for a green card. Others can only seek a green card through being sponsored by someone else. 

Deadlines for administrative appeals

Individuals who have received an unfavorable decision in their U.S. immigration case, such as an application denial, have, in most instances, the right to bring an administrative appeal. However, this right does not last forever. Rather, there are strict deadlines for requesting such an appeal.

Naturalizing when married to a U.S. citizen spouse

There are many requirements that a U.S. permanent resident who wishes to become a U.S. citizen has to meet in order to qualify for the naturalization process. In a past post, we discussed some of the general requirements for becoming an American citizen. As a note, there are certain U.S. permanent residents who can qualify for a different set of naturalization criteria than the general set. One such type of permanent residents are permanent residents who are married to U.S. citizens.