Living and working in the United States is the dream of many who live in or were born in other countries. It can be difficult to navigate the immigration process in the United States, and it is often frustrating to get a green card or to accomplish a specific immigration-related goal. There are many ways someone in Louisiana may obtain a green card, and the most appropriate path depends on the details of one’s individual situation.
How to obtain permanent residence
Multiple options exist for those who wish to obtain a green card. Some options are only available to those in certain situations and for those who have certain business connections or financial capabilities. Some of these ways include:
- Marry someone who is a legal citizen of the United States
- S. employer petitions for a foreign citizen to transfer for work in the United States
- Invest at least $500,000 in a business venture and create at least 10 new jobs in the U.S.
- Apply for a work visa or an extraordinary worker visa
- Obtain a green card through extraordinary accomplishments
- Win a green card through the Diversity Green Card Lottery
- Obtain a student visa for education within the United States
Immigration laws are complex, and the process of applying for a green card is arduous. Anyone hopeful of obtaining a green card could find it beneficial to seek legal guidance.
Discover the right path
A Louisiana immigration attorney can be a beneficial ally during the process of seeking a green card. An assessment of all of one’s unique circumstances will fully allow an individual to understand all available options and to move forward on the right path. Immigration processes are complex, but one does not have to navigate them alone.