Investors And Treaty Traders E-1/E-2

Nationals of many countries are eligible to obtain Treaty Trader or Treaty Investor visas. Click here for a list of participating countries. The investment enterprise must be majority owned by a citizen and national of a treat country. A treaty trader may be eligmentible for an E-1 Treaty Trader if at least 51 percent of the company’s trade occurs between the treaty country and the U.S.

An E-2 Treaty Investor visa requires a substantial investment in a U.S. business. The investment funds must be under the sole control of the treaty investor. There is no fixed amount required for an investment. Instead, the investment amount must be deemed substantial in relationship to the nature of the business, the start up costs and/or the value of the enterprise.

E visas may also be issued to managers, executives and essential employees of the same nationality who work for the U.S. branch office.

Prior approval from USCIS is not required. Instead, a treaty trader or investor is permitted to make their application directly to the U.S. Consulate in their home country. The visas may be granted for an initial period of up to five years. For individuals who apply in the U.S., the Immigration Service will grant an treaty investor/trader status for up to two-years. A treaty investor or trader can extend their status indefinitely.

Spouses and minor children may accompany E visa holders. In addition, spouses of E visa holders are allowed to request work authorization.

Ware|Immigration, helping investors from our offices in southern Louisiana.  Call 866-833-8308, or email us.

Click here to ask an attorney
I-485 Employment Based Document List
Follow us on Facebook
Follow Us On LinkedIn