Ware Immigration

Call Us 866-833-8308

Family Immigration Archives

It's important to have help with family immigration concerns

United States immigration laws are complex, and they are constantly changing. It can be quite challenging to bring a loved one into the country and reunite a Louisiana family, even in a seemingly straightforward case. Family immigration can be a frustrating and lengthy process, which is why many find it helpful to work with an experienced attorney from the very first steps. 

Sponsoring children with family immigration

Family means everything to a lot of people in Louisiana, and living without loved ones nearby might be unimaginable. However, living apart from relatives is just another part of everyday life for many immigrants. This is especially tough for parents who are separated from their children. Parents do have options under family immigration, though, and can petition for their children to come to the United States.

ICE complicates family immigration for married couples

Getting married is a big deal. But some people in Louisiana have a lot more to think about than just the decorations and what to wear. U.S. citizens who are sponsoring their spouses have to deal with the complicated family immigration process. Sadly, these couples are not always treated fairly.

Policy change should make family immigration easier

Bringing loved ones to the United States is one benefit of being either a citizen or permanent resident. Family immigration is important for reuniting loved ones, especially spouses who are not able to live in the same country. While sponsoring a spouse's immigration to Louisiana has worked pretty well in the past, it might be much easier moving forward.

How can I use family immigration for my loved one?

Living near family is very important to a lot of people, but it is not always easy. United States citizens or green card holders might miss their loved ones who live in different countries. With family immigration, it is possible to help a family member establish permanent residency in Louisiana.

What's going on with family immigration?

Helping loved ones successfully immigrate to the United States is a priority for many immigrants who are already living here in Louisiana. As it currently stands, family immigration is a cornerstone of the process. However, changes that would compromise the success of family immigration could be on the horizon.

Family immigration: What should I do to bring my spouse to the US

After falling in love and getting engaged, Louisiana couples usually spend significant amounts of time focused on planning the perfect wedding before jetting off to a relaxing honeymoon. However, for U.S. citizens who recently married a foreign national, the focus is usually on obtaining the necessary visa. In terms of family immigration, the process of bringing a spouse to live in the United States is relatively straightforward.

Who is given preference in family immigration?

Bringing family members to the United States is a goal for many citizens, but not everyone understands that there is a preference system to who may use this immigration path. When sponsoring a loved one through family immigration, his or her relationship to the sponsor, age and marital status will all be taken into account. Sponsors and immigrants alike should be prepared to provide proof of these requirements. 

US marriage nearly 2 years ago? Remove your green card conditions

If you married a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, your green card status may be conditional. This occurs whenever your lawful permanent residence status depends on a marriage that was less than two years old when that status was received.

The limitations of H-4 visas for children of H-1B workers

When a foreign national comes to the U.S. to work in a specialty occupation on an H-1B work visa, they may bring certain family members with them. Under U.S. immigration law, certain relatives of such workers can qualify for legal immigration status through a special kind of visa. This visa is called an H-4 visa. Among the individuals that can qualify for such a visa are children of H-1B workers, if they are under the age of 21.