Ware Immigration

Call Us 866-833-8308

Employment Immigration Archives

New H-1B visa rules may limit employment immigration

Filling specialty occupation jobs is not always easy, especially since they usually require very specific qualifications. Employment immigration helps employers hire the most qualified candidates even if they are living outside of the United States. There are many individuals living in Louisiana who originally came to America to work in specialty occupations. But the process they used to get their visas will soon be much harder.

H-1B employment immigration visa faces new challenges

Louisiana companies rely on both domestic and foreign workers to fill available positions and complete their workforces. Immigrants bring a lot to the table in terms of specialized skills and play an important role in the economy. But increased scrutiny on employment immigration could make an already long process more difficult.

Employment immigration for university and college teachers

Louisiana colleges and universities are almost always on the hunt for exceptional teachers. When these institutions are unable to find candidates in the United States who are qualified for these positions, they frequently turn to applicants who are foreign nationals. If you were hired to fill one of these positions, your employer will need to submit a permanent labor certification application. Since there are strict deadlines for employment immigration applications, you should understand the timeline that the university or college must work within.

Employment immigration can be a long waiting game

It can feel like a lot of time passes between submitting a green card application and receiving a decision. For a person pursuing employment immigration from one of two countries, that feeling can be very accurate, especially when it takes years before he or she can even apply for a green card. Although lawmakers recently tried to change the system that puts nationals of certain countries at a disadvantage, they were unable to do so.

Is employment immigration the right choice for entrepreneurs?

Entrepreneurs from across the globe are ready to bring their innovations and business ideas to the United States. However, finding the correct path to doing so can be tricky. While some choose to first pursue employment immigration, there are other options that might give entrepreneurs more time to focus on their personal business ventures.

Employment immigration tricky for international students

Summer break is usually the perfect opportunity for college students to work a part time job and earn a little extra cash. This situation is a little trickier for international students who are studying at Louisiana universities. Similar to other forms of employment immigration, students must apply for separate visas in order to work during school breaks. A recent delay in these applications is leaving some of these students without the opportunity to work.

Is the H-1B the only employment immigration option?

Working in the United States on an H-1B visa is an ideal situation for many people. Unfortunately, because of the limited number of H-1B visas that are available, many applicants are denied. Being denied for this type of visa does not mean it is the end of the road for individuals wanting to come to Louisiana through employment immigration, though. Here are a couple of options to consider.

Should employment immigration be easier? Some say yes

Living and working in Louisiana is an exciting prospect for immigrants. However, securing the right visa for employment immigration can be a complicated matter. This is especially true when dealing like things with the H-1B program, which offers an extremely limited number of visas per year.

There are many options for employment immigration

Living and working in Louisiana might seem like just a dream, but it can be a reality. Employment immigration is a popular way for some workers to come to the United States. However, there is no one-size-fits-all visa that covers all of employment-based immigration. Here are a few options that may apply to various situations.

Employment immigration -- how the H-1B visa is changing

Want to work in the United States? Individuals who hold advanced degrees from institutions in the United States will likely have a leg up when applying for the H-1B visa program. The shifting focus toward individuals with more advanced degrees could change current trends in employment immigration, potentially affecting those who are hoping to travel to Louisiana for work in a specialty occupation.